Librarian. Cat Lover. Clay Aiken Fan (among many others). Life is good.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Hair again -- but funnier...maybe

This will be my last blog for a few weeks. My husband and I are leaving for our first international trip ever! My husband works for a college, and the chorale director there arranges every 4 years for a big tour for the college chorale. This year, he arranged for a trip to Ireland. My husband and I, knowing that we couldn’t pass up the opportunity, are accompanying 20 college kids in order to tour the Emerald Isle! This is an exciting time for me, if a bit nervewracking. As I said, I’ve never left the United States before, so I’m nervous and excited all at the same time. When I arrive back and have settled into a routine again, I will blog about the adventures (with pictures!). How I’ll work Clay Aiken into that, I’m not sure yet. *g*

Speaking of that Clay guy…I’m not normally a shallow person in regards to Clay. I really do love the whole person. However, these past few days have simply been all about the HAIR. Sheesh, even my last blog was about that. So, I thought I would continue the theme with what I consider two of his “hair blunders.” Now, really – I do love the man, with my whole heart, and neither of these bothered me so much that I complained publicly (and would never do so either). But I will say that both times, it was very interesting watching the discussion.

First of all, there was what is now lovingly (heh) called the “fauxhawk.” Man, the outrage on the boards was LOUD during that Christmas season, when he appeared looking like…well…that. My opinion: he knew he looked silly, but just didn’t care. As a matter of fact, the look on his face tells me he’s in on the joke. At this time, I have to thank Invisible926 for the wallpaper she made of that picture.

But even before the “fauxhawk” – there was a concert appearance. I remember fondly seeing the clack of this particular song at this particular concert, and giggling my way through it. Here is “Open Arms,” sung by Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken at Worcester, MA on March 8, 2004.


The videographer of this clip, SecretlyLovesClay, reminded me that the previous night’s show had Kelly in a wig during their duet, and this might have been Clay’s retaliation. The other theory was that he had just finished getting a massage, and the stage crew decided to NOT tell him about his hair. No matter how you slice it, though…he looked pretty goofy. Sang like a charm that night, though – as he does every night.

I can tell right now that this blog cannot be Clay’s favorite. First, it has “cat” in the title (and Clay's hatred of cats versus my love for them will be in a future blog, as well as a continuation of my fangirl life). Now, I’ve included a clip of potentially one of his most embarrassing hair moments.

Hope I’m not on any lists.


Technorati tags: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, the look he gave her at 2:12 is the funniest thing ever.

Heh. I just yelled at my computer for that woman to SIT DOWN! Hee.

Have a fantastic trip and don't forget to kiss the Blarney! Woo!

10:19 PM

 
Blogger webweaver said...

Great blog ladyjocelyn! I love your writing style. I'm just rushing off to add you to my blogroll. Have a great trip!!

9:41 AM

 
Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

The mohawk is certainly not my fav hair cut -- but the man just never looks bad.

Have a great time in Ireland - can't wait to read your blog when you get back.

Safe travels.

3:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching that "Open Arms" clip, I say Clay did the bad hair on purpose... his eyes are full of mischief when he looks over as Kelly comes back to the main stage. Cute video, I'm not sure I've seen that one before. Thanks!

7:15 PM

 
Blogger Southern Girl said...

Have fun in Ireland! A good friend was just there a few months ago and she's *still* showing the most beautiful photos. Can't wait to see yours. :)

9:22 PM

 
Blogger Jannet said...

Worcester eh? Wasn't that the night of SLC's incredible WDC vid as well? Heh, I guess that something had to finally end up standing at attention.

But I absolutely loved that vid!

9:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home